Monday, May 6, 2013

My BIG FIVE

The Big Five: The big five are among the most dangerous, yet most popular species for big game hunters to hunt.  It was then adopted by safari guides for marketing purposes as the 5 coolest animals to see on your safari... and guess who saw all of them?  This kid.

The Rhino: These guys were pretty rare, I saw them twice.  Once in South Africa in Pilansberg National Park and once at the Karma Rhino Sanctuary in Botswana.









The Elephant: These guys were hiding from me all the beginning of semester and then BOOM, they came out and they were everywhere.  I think they may be my new favorite animal- their trunks are so goofy and amazing.  Plus they have these golden brown eyes and they are quite social animals, and they are HUGE. I will ride one some day.  Fun Fact: Elephants bury their dead.  I like them. Found them in South Luangwa (Zambia) and all over northern Botswana (road to Kasane and Chobe)











The Buffalo- these guys are freaky and apparently super vicious. Moral of the Story: they are not nice to play with or cuddle with or look at for long periods of time.  Plus they have red eyes- clearly they were born in a permanent bad mood.  Found these in Chobe National Park (Botswana).




The Lion:  These guys are pretty rare to find apparently but they are so beautiful and majestic and gorgeous. We were lucky enough to stumble on a few of them during their morning nap in Chobe National Park, Botswana. Plus I'm not sure that it counts but I did pet one in South Africa.






The Leopard: This was just about the coolest thing I have ever seen- they are pretty and smooth and so graceful.  I think I am bias because I got to watch one hunt an impala. But they are rare and I got SUPER LUCKY-I found mine in South  Luangwa, Zambia.





And I saw a whole bunch of other animals too...I went on tons of different Safari's in my time here in Africa. I went to Pilansberg National Park in South Africa, The Karma Rhino Sanctuary in Botswana, South Luangwa National Park in Zambia, the Mocoro Walking Safari in the Okavango Delta and a drive in Chobe National Park in Botswana.  I would call my safari's a win! Animals are neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment