Wednesday, April 3, 2013

March- One Month...5 Countries.

So pretty much this blog is an intro blog about what I have been up to for the last three and a half weeks.  Mostly Audrey, Claire and I decided that since we had two holidays during this month... why not take the entire time from mid semester break all the way to easter off?  I think it ended up being about 24 days.

Our Plan:  Explore Malawi for three weeks... anything goes.

Our Experience: One week in Zambia, two weeks in Malawi, one day in Mozambique and one day in Zimbabwe--> too many adventures, to much fun, too many close calls, too many AMAZING people and too many memories to fit into one blog- so I am going to split them up into lots and lots of short(ish) blogs, that way I can go into more detail about each one.

Pretty much I'll lay the road map out real quick and then I'll shift into drive and crank out all sorts of stories.

Started in Botswana...
Bus to Lusaka (the capital of Zambia)...
Bus/Taxi to South Luangwa National Park (central east Zambia)...
Bus to Lilongwe (the capital of Malawi)...
Bus to Nkhata Bay (central Malawi)....
Boat up to Ruware (rural village on the edge of Lake Malawi)...
Boat back to Nhkata Bay (still central Malawi)...
Bus down to Cape Maclear (southern tip of Lake Malawi)...
Caught a ride to Blantyre (second biggest city- southern Malawi)...
Bus to Mulanje ( Third highest mountain in Africa)...
Walked up and around the mountain (35+ kilometers)...
Bus back the Blantyre (also still in the same place)...
Bus to Harare (capital of Zimbabwe) through Mozambique...
Bus back to Gaborone, Botswana (home sweet home).



No comments:

Post a Comment