Sunday, June 3, 2012

Training... and my bestie

Well I am proud to say that training and our first break is DONE. and it went better than I could have hoped.  Everyone on staff is amazing and adds a different bit of flavor to this place. 

I'll start with the run down of training... so we got here and I got assigned my cabin, I am officially the PINTLER cabin leader.  Facts about pintler: It is the furthest cabin from everything and anything so I am gonna get a work out every time I go to my cabin.  It has been know to smell like sulfur (good thing I am armed with smell good sprays and a big coconut candle) and I have already killed about 8 spiders, including one that was in the hat that I put on my head before I realized it was there. I had to take a shower. AND most importantly I couldn't be happier to be there and get this opportunity. Anywhooo, got assigned to my cabin and we spent the next two days going over every single little detail of camp that we could ever need to know and too bad for me, I still feel like I have absolutely no idea what I am supposed to do when I go to the airport to pick up campers tomorrow.  I will cross that bridge when I come to it, tomorrow morning, ha. shoot.  We finished training and headed to Missoula, went to dinner and stayed up till way to late playing temple run and trying to figure out how to make pudding because apparently you have to boil the stuff before you cool it down and eat it.  This is why they invented instant pudding and that will be my purchase from NOW ON.  Oh and I swam laps today. about three of them. then I pooped out. but I will work on that.   Summary of my time so far, my second family is up here and I couldn't be more excited to get to know old friends better and make new friends---how lucky am I that I get to be around such strong and kind people all summer? I would say pretty dang lucky.

We start our first camp this week... Adult H.U.C. which is the Heads Up Conference for people that are living with or have survived a brain tumor. More to come on that once it happens but I really think these people are going to change me for the better.

This picture describes the two of us more than anything I could write... this is us.
Michelle Price. my best friend since 5th grade.  the year we both turned 11, the year we were stuck together blue people for Halloween because why not of course, the year that I found a friend that would be there for me through every little thing for more than 8 years and many more to come.  It's her birthday today, my birthday is tomorrow (awhh so cute. meant to be best friends) This girl knows every thing there is to know about me and more.  She is the one I go to when I have a really lame story to tell like how I watched some guy trip up the stairs, or how someone passed gas in class (hehe passed gas...) and I had to leave to room, I don't think people really need to appreciate those stories, but she always does. People have this thing where they like to sit back and just watch michelle and I while we do whatever it is we do...I am not quite sure what we do but people really get a kick out of our conversations, facial expressions and rants about really pointless stuff.  Vent sessions at three in the morning keep me sane, laughing attacks are the only reason I have any kind of abs, and having someone to come everywhere with me is super convenient.  I really could write an entire book about all of the crazy things that michelle and I have experienced and it is very likely that at some point we will both die because of a really stupid spur of the moment idea that we decide would be fun.  yay for my LBC, dont know how I would sit down, stand up or walk with out her.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY WOMAN!

1 comment: