Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My dear mother... and other things.



Well I am proud to say I figured out how to title posts! yay me. purpose of this blog is two fold.  1. It has been a week and I actually did a few things and 2. It is my beautiful mothers birthday and it seemed only fitting to do some real cheesy and completely embarrassing post about her and all that she means to me.

1.  This week was exciting. Last time I blogged, I mentioned that my aunt gave me a backpack and told me to go hiking so guess what? I did. Just like I said I would, and I actually enjoyed myself.  And I promised Michelle I would take pictures of myself (thank goodness for self timer, even though I felt like such a goober posing by myself at a camera that didn't even having a person pushing a button saying the traditional 'say cheese' (what does that even mean? why cheese?) I did it) so for some visual memory, here are a few of my favorites.

yay for self timer
guess where i found this?? a wildlife refuge.
super pretty
I found a bridge!
my day hike trail.

this is stitch. he was my hiking buddy.

Okay! So I went on two day hikes, one with the cute doggy to the right and one long day hike by myself which was actually real fun. [I would like to take this time to also thank my mother for teaching me how to pee in the woods, not easy to do, but thanks to a cabin property with no bathroom, I have learned how to use the woods.]  Ummm so yeah those were fun and I saw a couple animals, like birds. Besides hiking I am proud to say I spent multiple hours on the phone with Michelle, we had a lot to talk about after 3 weeks. I read the entire Hunger Game series which is a really big deal for me cuz I don't really like reading but I read three whole LONG books.  I did henna, on myself, it looks ugly, but I was bored and I wanted to try it.  I now appreciate the artistic skills of people and will leave it to them from now on.  I also helped my dear Kathleen Cotter from camp move to Helena, met Chef Erin's husband to be and ate dinner with a few other people from camp.  Plus more sleep, more tv and TOO MUCH caramel popcorn.  I was eating all healthy and now, I have consumed a lifetime supply of sugar. but it tasted real good.
 I'm actually heading to camp in about 15 minutes to face the awkward first dinner with core staff where everyone is sizing each other up and deciding whether or not to be nice to them, lucky for me I already know people so I get to watch other people try and fit in.  I'm so excited though! Here's to three days of super intense staff training before diving into camp!

2.  My MOTHER.  diane. thats her name. and to put it simply, she is cooler than any other mom. I could go off on a huge rant listing all the things I love about her but I would have to theme it off her age and the last thing I want to do is give away the fact that my mother is turning 53 today. So I will leave at this: I love my mom so much and am so grateful for the advice, experience and comfort she provides me with every day.  She puts up with so much from me and has never done anything but support and encourage my dreams.  She has taught me to work hard and play hard and enjoy even the little things in life.  I love the way she always smells like flowers and that her idea of fun in pulling weeds and doing science experiments.  She is so passionate about every thing anyone in my family is involved in.  I can't count the number of snowy and rainy soccer games, terrible concerts, and parent teacher conferences she has been to for me and my sisters.  I hope one day to be just like her. 
my mom is cooler than your mom.

1 comment:

  1. Mom can't figure out how to post a comment, so she asked me to post one saying what she wanted to say.

    "Thank you so much! Even though science and weeding are two of my favorite things, my most favorite thing is spending time with you guys."
    -Love Mom

    Aw, so cheesy and cute. Love her.

    ReplyDelete