HA! who knew I would write one blog and then not want to write any more? Oh, I guess I knew but decided to try anyways. So here is my second blog straight from the cutest little coffee shop I could find in Missoula that actually has super amazing chocolate raspberry truffle frappuccinos and free wifi. yay!
I'll start with a quick run down of the past 5 days that have been spent crashing at my darling aunt and uncles house in Huson MT. Not a very big place. Their whole entire community is about 20 houses and dogs. But they have been great to put up with me waking up at noon and eating the entire kitchen. My aunt and uncle are super into healthy food, only problem with that: healthy food tastes gross. But what can I do? NOTHING. So besides secretly feeling myself loose weight because I'm actually eating food that is good for me, I'm enjoying myself. ( i am really not loosing weight, that is something my body is incapable of, but i like to think that way, it makes me feel better about eating dirt and trees). Enough on that, haha I have literally spent like three of the five days so far in a cave in the basement of their house watching t.v. sleeping and reading. Finally my aunt brought me a backpack and a map and told me to go on some hiking adventures (i think she was getting worried about me becoming a hermit) so i said "thank you, i will!" (thinking in my head...'tomorrow' heh heh) but i really am going to! I have some trails picked out and I am ready to go... tomorrow! So I have a backpack, a map that i have no idea how to read, a water bottle and a sandwich. Hopefully I don't die. And hopefully I wont get lost (way less probable for anyone who knows me, getting lost is a daily routine). But I am doing it anyways because I have eight days left and I would feel pretty lame if all I did was sit and watch movies on HBO. Besides doing that, my cousins who are just about as "BA" as they come have taken me rock climbing (i regret to say i am still a little nervous bouldering because of falling last year. dang it.) and then this weird game called folfing.... pretty much you go into the woods and throw mini frisbees twice as far as you would ever dream of throwing a normal frisbee and get them in a basket on the other side of the woods. (see video below for people folfing here in missoula... ignore the dog at the beginning... the basket is the yellow thing... and you have to throw it way farther than it looks to begin with)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61rWZpkIAtU
Needless to say I was REALLY BAD at it. I ended up just chucking it
as hard as I could and being proud of it moving twenty feet. I like to pretend I am a natural Olympic athlete the first time I try anything but this was a "no. you are not." moment... (teen girl squad reference.)
That's about it for me today. A few other side notes... criminal minds is still my favorite tv show thanks to the crazy amount of channels offered at my temporary home. i need to spend zero money in the next eight months because i calculated my semester abroad and once I add everything up, its gonna be like $8,000 dollars (who can say lawn mowing and babysitting??). Scholarships. cross my fingers one or two of those pull through.
oh, and mom don't worry about me hiking alone, I know self defense. and if I get lost I will just find a horse and shoot its face off thanks to the instruction of my friend Joe that eats horses.
Your posts are too too funny. I can walk you through posting a You tube video so you know how to do it next time.
ReplyDelete